Cultivated Reef

A few new shots...

Gilman

Rented a 100mm macro again..... Here are a few of the photos I got this afternoon.

zooduster500.jpg

zoopinkcenters500.jpg

ric1500.jpg

Going to be going to a few local reefers places this weekend to shoot up tanks while I have the macro lens, so I will more than likely have some more photos to share soon.

Gil

logicalreef

Nice shots Gil, I had no idea you could rent a lens..that's pretty cool.

Wonder if places rent whole setups?

Oh, and Gil, I happened to find your site and link to the band and snag the mp3's...very cool my friend! :)

lizbeth thanks! :)

Bryan the place I rented the lens does in fact rent the cameras as well. You may wanna look into it, im sure you have a few local shops if you want some really hi-res photos to work with.

regarding my band.

BUY OUR CD!:D

hey recognize these?

zoomint.jpg

Gil

Firstly KOOOOOOOOOOOLL shots. I would wanna frag trade but live in UK. DARRRRNNNN.

p.s reckon Moderators will want this moved to members tank shots forum :)

Thanks for the compliments on the shots folks! Lebowski, I got my ricordeas from Fridmani who is kind of a local reefer (LA area).

MODS DONT MOVE THIS THREAD!! Not all pics in this thread will be from my nano....Here are a few I got last night from local reefer Sharkdude's system.

Green Slimer Acro

slimer.jpg

Green/Blue Zoos

greenbluezoo.jpg

Derasa Clam

derasa.jpg

Clown/Anenome

clown.jpg

More to come.....

Gil

Had some time to resize some more photos........ This group of shots are all of a 60+ gallon reef system.

mmmmmm Zoos

500zoos.jpg

mmmmmm Zoos

500zoos2.jpg

Fuzzy Mushrooms

500fuzzy.jpg

Yellow Polyps

500polyps.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp

500cleaner1.jpg

What is this? Anyone know?

500idthis.jpg

Gil

deacon hemp

to gillman first off those are some sweet shots,second what camera do you have?do you have a shot without the lens to compare?the reason i'm asking is because i'm prolly buying a macro lens fer my camera and want to see the difference!.I think the last shot is a type of filter feeding worm i got them too.My freinds big reef has 1 that extends about 3 feet!!!!gross!!!

thanks in advance deacon hemp

Damn gilman! Those are wicked pics!

When you say "rented 100mm macro", do you mean camera or lens?

Those are awesome pics man!

Wish my camera could do that. :)

deacon, SeaMountain and Sahin,

Thanks for the comments! Regarding the camera, it is my girlfriends Canon EOS D-60 which is a higher end Digital SLR. As with traditional SLR bodies, the camera will accept any Canon lens, including some very nice macro lenses. My girlfriend owns a 50mm macro for the camera but the 100mm gets much closer and takes much more dramatic shots in my opinion. I am still trying to learn to use this camera, but have been getting some pretty decent results with my limited knowledge.

Deacon, here is a shot my girlfriend took last weekend at the Rhinoculous fields in Carlsbad, CA. Very colorful, and was not taken with the macro lens. I am not sure what her regular lens is however.

rhinoculous.jpg

Sahin, my girlfriend owns the camera, and I rented the lens. It is possible to rent the whole camera/lens setup though here locally.

Gil

deacon hemp

thanks gillman for the reply,i should have guessed that it was a digi slr cause those shots are incredible!i'm still prolly going to get a lense for my cam anyway even though i won't get shots like that.

btw that flower pic without the lense is still 5 to 10 times better than what i could do with mine!!those digital slr rule,your a lucky guy.

Some new ones of our Minibow Nano Reef...

Full Tank Shot - 50mm Macro

040703tank1.jpg

Feather Duster and Zoos - 100mm Macro

033103duster1.jpg

Candy Coral Polyp - 100mm Macro

033103candy1.jpg

Candy Coral Polyps - 50mm Macro

040703candy1.jpg

Green Banded Goby & Blue Legged Hermit - 100mm Macro

033103gobyhermit.jpg

Ricordea - 100mm Macro (this shot has better depth of field than the above photo)

033103ric1.jpg

Mint & Chip Zoos and Turqoise Zoos - 100mm Macro

033103zoos3.jpg

Gil

deacon hemp

WOW Gilman that camera is freakin amazing!!it seems like you couldn't take a bad pic with it,not to mention what your pointing at!also thanks fer the two shots of the candy to show the difference of the two lenses.It makes me want to blow a couple of g's.

MAN THATS FREAKINGLY GREAT...SPEECHLESS.

OH YEAH. MY LFS SELL THOSE RICS FOR $7.99 PER POLYP. IF ANYONE WANT ME TO GET YOU SOME, GIVE ME A HOLLA.

Good Lord Gilman, those are outrageous. You really should do something with them. Where have you got these posted besides here? I'd really like to put one of them up as wallpaper on my PocketPC. God, those are gorgeous. I've wanted a nice digital SLR for a while now, but with the new house and everything, it won't happen for a long time. But...as long as you keep putting those up on the web, I can live vicariously through you guys!

Those are truly amazing pictures, dude. Kick ass, man.

Later.

Archived