Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

thinking of a new tank for work

snowlancer2720

snowlancer2720

hey, i was thinking of doing a 1g tank for work..it will most likely be custom made with a 9w light (enough?) most ill probably keep is a few zoas possibly a few mushrooms, mabye some small xenia etc... would this be possible? im sure that i would be able to do topoffs when needed and w/c's weekly so its not that big of a chore...

Not too small. The only downfalls with smaller tanks are much more frequent temperature issues, and evaporation causing more problems. If you can keep all this under control, then you should be fine. (w may be fine, could also do a 13w.

What about when you're not at work - weekends, etc...?

snowlancer2720

thanks daemon, yea i though about the weekend thing..and i figure, ill be there on sat, or atleast someone will be..so itll be fed then...sunday i guess i cant feed...but i forget to feed my fish at home sometimes and theyre ok..so yea, hopefully i wont get too much evap. i plan on making some sort of cover...

Should be doable with zoas and mushrooms, I would rething the xenia though, grows so fast it may take over a 1 gal tank. If there are no fish (and there really should not be) then feeding is not and issue on weekends.

The temp will be the main issue, is the heating/AC turned off on weekends?

snowlancer2720

^^^ thanks, yea i was thinking that that might be a problem, but i thinkn it should be because they always keep the place at the same temp

Everyday feeding isn't really an issue as most SW fish can go a few days without food just fine. Evap may be an issue over the weekends. If you can keep that controlled, you'd be fine, as long as the temps in the room are maintained.

snowlancer2720

i just got some glass cut :) the tanks ging to be a 8" cube, which comes out to about 2 gallons, and i got the OK from the boss to bring it in..another :)....im proably going to start a tank log thing this weekend, because im starting from scratch

Archived