Pod Your Reef

New Minibow

supernip

Here's some pictures of my "new" minibow. Had it for a while but have been too lazy to put it up.

Here are the stats:

1. 7gal aga

2. rio 50

3. approx. 15LB LR

4. Approx. 15LB LS

5. 32 watt csl retro

6. 13 watt hellolights 03

7. prizm skimmer (soon)

Inhabitants

1. 2 blue leg hermits

2. red leg hermit

3. 5 astreas

5. emerald crab

6. peppermint shrimp

7. nass snail

8. black fin goby w/ shrimp

Corals:

1. Blasto

2. Red Sea Xenia

2. 2 types of elongata Xenia

3. Creeping Xenia

4. Orange Ricordia

5. Rose Tip BTA

6. Various Macros

I also plan on adding the following livestock

1. Red frogspawn (If anyone has one, I'll pay ya 100 bucks)

2. Fiji white xenia

3. Pink Ric

4. Blue Ric

5. Yellow ric

6. Maybe another goby

Now the pics. This first one is a closeup. Sorry about the dirty look but my freaking shrimp is a tunneler. I have to clean the tank daily and this is the best I can do.

Here's my BTA. It's a white w/ Pink tip. Theres a nice fluorescent yellow tint to it so it glows. Kinda kicks ass. Costed me 35 bucks. I might get a small rose too depending on how well this goes. Might be a little much though...

I was trying to feed my bta today and this snail crawled over and stole the food. My BTA extended its tentacles to find the shrimp. It's kinda sad...

Now... I have a whole lot of algea. I'm not too sure if its good or bad. I wanna rip it out but I wanna see what you guys think first. I only have three pictures but I'll try to get a few more later. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks guys!:D

Nice tank! :)

Also, if anyone tells you that your anemone is "bleached" - disregard that comment. Most anemones have color to them. Some do not. "White" anemones are very common in the ocean as well. As you see, you have one in your tank. If it shifts color, thats fine too. But don't, freak out - its not bleached.

Good luck and keep us updated.

There are alot of threads about algea. Do you use RO water? Have you shortening the amount of time your lights are on? Have you tried phosphate remover?

Archived