SaltCritters.com

Mixing pistol shrimps ( randall's and tiger)

ilektrik22

I was wondering if anyone has had a randall's and a tiger pistol shrimp together, and how they were.

I presently have a tiger shirimp and am interested in getting 1or2 randall's pistol shrimps.

My tiger shrimp builds for my hi-fin gobies, I would not be adding anymore fish with the randall's, I'm just not sure how the tiger shrimp would take this since he is larger then the randall's

thanks

I'm just not sure how the tiger shrimp would take this since he is larger then the randall's

I'm not sure either, but I would be wary of mixing them, especially in a small tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the same impression, but my tiger lets my pepermints into his tunnel, so I wasn't sure. I was thinking a pair of randalls.

If i do decide to do this I was planning on taking appart the tank and demolishing the tunnel system. and pulling out the tiger, then introducing them into different tunnels.

yeah i thought of that, but the tiger already know the tunnels and has his "layer" sowhen re introduced he would still have the advantage...and "catching" him would be interesting as he barly comes out of his tunnel

Archived