Pod Your Reef

6 line tail "spots"

silence

i got a 6line for my BC8 a littel over a week ago and afew days ago he got a "spot" on the base of his tail it dosent look like ich i thinks its some kind of fungus i wasent to worried but then there was another one in the middel of his tail and today they both seem a littel larger, the tank is vary new(only about 2weeks+)but it has all the rock/coral/shrimp ect from my 10g and i figured it would be ok sence theres over 10lbs of LR and 10lbs of sand and all the rock was from my old tank, i think he just got stressed out because he was in the bag from the LFS for over two hours before i got him home, iam not sure on the levels of the tank right now sence i cant see well enough to test my water but i just did a 10% change on monday and will do another tommorow, all corals/shrimp are fine and the 6 line still eats well if i can caught him should i give him a FW dip? and if so do i use RO/DI water or just tap water(iam on a well so no chemicals)and for how long?

thanks and sorry for the long post but i dont whant to loose this fish:(

Two weeks in is too soon to add fish, imo. The more water changes you do, the longer it will take for your tank to cycle. I wouldn't do anything to stress the fish more. If he survives the cycle, he will more than likely be fine.

i know it was soon but there shouldent be a cycle sence i just moved my rock ect from my 10g AGA into the BC(all i did was put in new sand)but there is some algea on glass now so mabie there was a mini cycle, either way iam going to do a small WC today and see if it helps

Archived