ReefCleaners.org

Peppermint shimp eatting tub worm feathers?!

Blacktone

Is this normal? My peppermint just pulled off two of the feathers. the skunk shrimp doesn't bother it why? I'm thinking about taking the peppermint out but I don't have a quarantine tank. Just some plastic bags the tube worm came in.

How do I catch the peppermint shimp? I've put food in the green net and sat there waiting for him to check it out but no good. he seems hip to the primitive trap..

Mine used to eat out of my hand... that is untill it decided to tear apart my anemones, freshly molted crabs and lord knows what else.

After that bugger "turned" it would not come anywhere near me, he must have known I was out to get him. ;)

You can try, a tall glass with some food at the bottom of it. Something you can fit your net over.

When the shrimp goes in, throw the net over the op of the glass (or whatever).

...not that it worked for me, but it's an idea. I had to break down the whole fricken tank to get the sob out.

I had five that ate everything that they possibly could, and would tear all the food out of my anemone, even going so far as to stick thier legs into its mouth after the food was inside. They also ate the crown off of my big tube worm and accosted it until it starved, are all the little mini red tube worms in my worm rock, and even picked at my crocea. In a bittersweet moment, however, I discovered the the peppermints couldnt handle as much heat as pretty much anything else in my tank. I left the tank alone for a week, someone shut the window in the room, and all the peppermints fried (along with my pink-tip anemone). I have never missed them...except that I have a single aiptasia in the middle of my blasto colony that I wish would get eaten.

Archived