Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Tank

shark250

I have never done Nano reef keeping so I am doing some reasearch. What is a good tank to start with? Size really isn't of any issue. Thanks..

Sean

coralreefengr

You might want to start with deciding what kind of nano you want. How many fish, invertebrates, corals, etc. This will help you decide on size.

For fish I was think of just a pair of true percs. Inverts, just a couple cleaner shrimp, a few crabs and some snails. For corals I would like a variety of things, lots of color. I hope that helps.

being a beginner myself, take what I have to say with alot of research. But I am planning for a setup similar to the one you are describing, i.e the two percs etc. And I am going with a 10 gallon All Glass aquarium.

Though after reading more on this board I am finding that this may be the minimum size for 2 percs and some think that even this is too small for the 2.

My advice, search and check out the members section for some examples. You'll definately see some tanks you'll like, just check what they are using and run with it.

HTH,

Winter

Ok. I am not really set on the fish that much. I have 2 fish only tanks already. I really like one of the minibow 7 tanks... Not sure how much variety you can get with one of those..

you want variety? do a search on this web site for "minibow 7" or check out the members area and click on any of the 7 gallon tanks. Lots of variety. I almost went with a minibow, but i wanted my percs! :)

edit: BTW: Welcome to the site! I just noticed that you just joined today. Good luck and say good bye to your wallet!:P

Yeah in the corals... I think a 15 gallon maybe the way to go. What size tank is yours? What do you have for lighting and filtration, ect.?

Mine so far:

10 gallon All Glass ($8 dollars at Wallmart).

12lbs uncured fiji live rock

2 in deep sand bed (not live yet)

Lighting will be a 2x32w in a custom hood (see ross's thread in DIY) when I get a chance to build it. right now its just a 13w PC.

Penguin Mini media removed

MiniJet 660 sacaled back.

Couple astrea snails

and a few blue leg hermits.

it's going well after almost 2 months and so far no major problems (probably just jinxed myself!!). But it is slow going cause I'm on a budget.... ha! budget..... right...

No digital camera or I'd post pics.

Archived