Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Custom Fuge destroyed my tank...

BeerNuts

Hi guys i need feed back on what to do.. rather than post everyting again please check out When good nanos go bad!!! please help with any ideas you can thin of to make this all work out... you plan the whole thing out and on paper its the greatest idea in the world then somthing like this happen and destroies it all.

Okay, well, the obvious and easiest solution is to move the table that the tank is sitting on out further from the wall, then move the tank back to the edge of the table. Then you can actually hang that big sucker on the back of your aquarium instead of sitting it on the table.

Just an idea.

John

perhaps shortening the intake out outflow tubs so that the fuge isn't so high up.

And for god's sake, repaint that room. too damned bright and the yellow and blue make me think of a high school locker room.

hmmmmmmm okay try shortening both intake & outflow tubes like crakeur suggested that should bring it down. Add an elbow to the outflow pipe inside the fug. If you point the opening of the elbow down you will no longer suck air and the water level should rise a little but make sure you drill a hole on the top of the elbow so air can escape otherwise you create a pocket of air and it will flood. If you turn the elbow up it will rise the water level but it will suck air still. Also drill a whole on the intake pipe just above the water line in the fug. This will stop the water from draining back when you pull the plug.

At last do as crakeur said and paint that room!

You need to drop the fuge down on it's holders. I assume this is supposed to work like a CPR with an attached fuge? The fuge drain is opposite the skimmer? If so then the output pipe is only going to be about half way full when it drains. It might not bubble as much when it runs for a few days and gets slimmed up. CPRs also have a discharge elbow at the bottom of the return pipe.

I keep reading my first post asking for help/ideas and I don't quite see where I ask you to comment on how "my" room is painted and if you liked it or not. I am sure then next time better homes and gardens comes over your house you can all laugh at how other people decided to decorate their own homes.

That aside.. thanks for the feed back as to what to do with the fuge. I am going over as amny options I can think of to make it work out.

Archived