Top Shelf Aquatics

Fire shrimp and Peppermint shrimp in 20g?

herostar

I'm setting up a 20H tank to transfer everything from my 10g into. I've got a little aptasia problem (already tried joes juice, kalk, and lemon juice) and was thinking about keeping a Peppermint shrimp to help me control it. The only reason I haven't tried one yet is because I have a fire shrimp at the moment. Will these two guys get along in a 20g after I move everything over?

I'm setting up a 20H tank to transfer everything from my 10g into. I've got a little aptasia problem (already tried joes juice, kalk, and lemon juice) and was thinking about keeping a Peppermint shrimp to help me control it. The only reason I haven't tried one yet is because I have a fire shrimp at the moment. Will these two guys get along in a 20g after I move everything over?

I had that combo in the same size tank and they get along fine, the pep shrimp was smaller and added after the fire shrimp, i didnt see any aggression from either.

Sounds good, the lfs has them on sale for $7.00 right now so I'll probably pick one up in a day or two.

I've seen some threads on them picking at corals... should I really be that concerned about them eating my zoas?

BustytheSnowMaam
Sounds good, the lfs has them on sale for $7.00 right now so I'll probably pick one up in a day or two.

I've seen some threads on them picking at corals... should I really be that concerned about them eating my zoas?

I've never had a pep shrimp pick on zoas or any of my corals- make sure what you are buying is a true pep shrimp and not a camelback- they look very similar. Online if you do a search you can find pics of both. Also wild-caught peps are more likely to eat aiptasia than tank-raised.

Tasha

Peps do eat your aptasia problems right up. Mine took care of a pretty serious one in a matter of a week. He does however have a habit of stealing food from everything. He will get right in by BTA and steal from it or anything else.

Archived