SaltCritters.com

Nano Reefs in FAMA

Spencerx

in the April issue of 'Freshwater and Marine Aquarium' there is an article entitled "The Nano-Reef Revolution". I just read the article and for some reason, i dont like it. I think that the author (who at the begginning says he has kept only freshwater prior ) should have come to check out this site before writing this. A couple things that jumped out at me were: he reccomends tap water w/ dechlorinator for SW; he uses the old not-applicable-to-nano-reef-rule of Watts Per Gallon (he suggests 4-8 of NO bulbs, no mention of PC or MH); he also goes by the old Fish-Inches Per Gallon reccomending 1 inch per 5 gallons (and no fish in anything under 5g). Maybe im just being too critical, but I feel that if a magazine is going to write an article on something, they should get someone who knows their stuff. I think there are a number of people on this site who could have written a better article. And judging by the picture of the authors 5.5g reef, a number of people have alot more spectacular reefs. Please read the article and post what you think of it.....

*edit*: Also, NO MENTION OF NANO-REEF.COM IN THE ARTICLE!

printerdown01

LOL, I like the "edit comment" as it is the most important! The fact that he recommends tap and NO is just sad... The inches of fish per gallon was VERY popular on THIS site until maybe the last 6 months or so... and I HATED it X) ! But all in all I'm just glad that there are articles actually being written about nano-reefs in fish magazines!

p.s. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to read the article.

that settles it. I'm going to have to start writing fer one of those schleppy mags and set some Urban NANO Legends squared away.

Any topic that needs be addressed? pick it, Ill expound on it.

recommended setup timeline (i.e. patience), source water (i.e. usually not tap), temperature control, salinity control, and self-control seem to be the most critical and least controversial imo.

then there are the controversial ones like opinions on sandbeds, wc's, skimmers, livestock, etc. that are just screaming for you to comment on. :D

go ahead and submit an article. the worst they can do is reply, "Do a effing search you 'tard!" :P

Crakeur forbid you actually get published (finally). :rolleyes:

Archived