Top Shelf Aquatics

Live Rock...HELP :)

Izzue

Hello

Reefers I need some help...Sometime ago I remember a post about a man made LR...It came in nice sizes with several different designs...most with swimming holes etc. It was made from a material that is very simular to LR but without any unwanted critters.

Cant seem to google anything or search NR

Any links or additional info would be appreciated

Izzue

bump...

Agracrete is what they are made of...but the person making the structures I saw where much larger pieces than what Reef Rocks offers...not to mention the stuff I saw would have like 4 swimming holes in one section.

Anyone remember or have link

Tks

Izzue

i thought garf's stuff (probably the same) could be made into larger structures.

you could also layout a skeleton of the form first and then add on, e.g. pvc lattice/superstructure and then glue or add branching pipes and aragrocrete over them.

you could also possibly hide your flow system in such a setup too or combine it with actual drilled LR to make a hybrid system (i really don't like a pure aragrocrete layout's look, sorry). hth

My LFS has a 20g AGA filled with "aquacultured" L/R as they call it. It's essentially man-made L/R similar to Reefrock's stuff. I looks pretty man made and almost concrete looking. The LFS that was selling it said it's not good to stock only with it since it doesn't hold coralline as well as true L/R and something else it can't do as well, but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head.

Right...Im gonna mix with LR...just that Im gonna upgrade larger next year and dont want to deal with trying to get any unwanted hitchikers out of a large tank.

The LR that will be used will be from established small tanks that are crab free.

Izzue

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gotten some larger pieces from ReefRocks

and ive bought some from them thru Ebay also. I think the site and the ebay person are the same.

I had some made for me thru them. A couple of large shelves to go across my tank and a couple of xtra large archs to reach up 20".

I had seen some with lots of holes like that too, kinda like aragocrete holy rock.

Heck, your in Ms. and their in Ms. They might hook ya up.

Archived