SaltCritters.com

Clowns getting busy?

gullmo

I noticed something strange in my tank this morning as I left for work that I have never seen before. One of my clowns had made a depression in my sandbed, much like a spawning bass or bluegill would in a pond. I am not completely sure if the clown actually is spawning or making herself a host since I have no corals as of yet. I noticed that the color of the fish had gotten a deeper darker orange color than last night when the lights went out, and also the fish did not swim around as usual, but hovered above the depression. I didn't notice any eggs. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen before and what precautions I should take.

Thanks!

Pete

Okay, well I know about the spawning of clownfish in depth but has anyone ever had them spawn on the sandbed instead of rock or another solid surface? That is where I am confused whether it is in fact spawning or some other behavior.

freakaccident

Mine does this too. Mostly at night. I wake up and he is laying on his side in the sand. No eggs just getting comfy I suppose.

Archived