SaltCritters.com

Need a Killer

kronk

I have some unidentified worms that appear to be part of the euncid family... they are clear with 6 or more tentacles on there head and i have witnessed them eating snails. They are visible all day but only there heads poking out of the sand and rock as big as 1/4" in diameter. They have totally infested my tank the sand the rock everything!!!

I am upgrading to a 33g+sump from a 20g but i want to take care of the worms before moving the rock. A wrasse would add too much to the bioload. I was thinking an arrow crab but i heard they dont like nano tanks.

I currently have 2 clowns, BTA, fire (blood) shrimp, candy cane coral, xenia and trumpet coral.

Think of the most effective worm killers out there and let me know...

THANKS,

Ken

A wrasse would add too much to the bioload....

I currently have 2 clowns, BTA, fire (blood) shrimp, candy cane coral, xenia and trumpet coral.

If i moved everything into the 33g then dealt with the worms i would be able to get the wrasse, but 2 adult clowns a BTA and a wrasse seems like too much for a 20g. If i am not able to get rid of the worms after i move that would REALLY suck though cause my new tank would get infested.

i have heard coral banded shrimps can be a problem for BTAs nipping them open and such, has anyone had a CBS and a BTA together ?

Thanks,

Ken

Anybody else want to add there opinion i am getting impatient to set up the new tank...

If you go ahead and move over to the larger tank you can handle the Sixline and the crab with ease as far as bioload goes..... eh?

If you go ahead and move over to the larger tank you can handle the Sixline and the crab with ease as far as bioload goes..... eh?

good point... i think i will gamble it and hope the sixline and crab do there jobs...

Thanks all

Archived