inTank Media Baskets

what do feed fire shrimp?

gsechen

He/She/It SHOULD eat anything, they are not that picky. Mysis is good, just give it some variety...mysis, flake, cyclopeeze etc. They can get pretty big (3 in) and tend to be shy, especially if you have other inhabitants.

edit* - forgot to mention...make some sort of cave/or overhang out of your rock work to ensure some happiness ;)

ReefInChicago
Mine eats everything I put in there that he can get to, from freeze-dried brine to cyclopeze.

ditto. mine eats the pods i feed the dragonet and any mysis/flakes i add occasionally to give the velvet some variety. he does a little dance when food hits the tank that's hilarious to watch!

I was worried about mine not getting enough food, so I bought some waffers form my lfs. They are sinking and they look like algae wafers, but have protien in them. They are called New Life Spectrum, and my shrimp loves them. I fed him one and he took it into the back of the tank and spent hours eating it.

non-photosynt

I have 2 of them in the different tanks: 1st is personally fed once a day, plus whatever he can pickup after the fish, and the 2nd is also individually fed by needle nose tweezers or he takes food from the finger twice a day. The second grows faster and molts more frequently. No fish in this tank.

Food is: the 1/8" (or slightly less) chunk of the salmon, grocery shrimp, Kent Platinum Large Carnivore pellets (pre-soaked), if left after big fish feeding, whatever you have of saltwater origin.

Archived