inTank Media Baskets

Heater for 2.5g?

rleon3003

whats a good heater that has a control temp knob thing that can easily be hidden and is on the cheap side?

EDIT

i found this little chart -> LINK

in the garage im getting to 60*F. i think i should go with a 75w heater. would that be good?

and no i dont have a heater in the garage but i need one.

You should go with what is recommended on the heater label, 75w should be good for a 2.5g

you dont want a superior or inferior heater

I have superior heater, a 200w on my 10g, and its a piece of crap, it heats the temp. way too much and doesnt maintain it. Its a hydor, try to avoid this brand

Also make sure you know the height of your tank and the heaight of the heater

most heaters work best when they are placed vertical, so dont buy a heater that is only halfway submersed into your tank because it wont heat adequately

whats a good heater that has a control temp knob thing that can easily be hidden and is on the cheap side?

EDIT

i found this little chart -> LINK

in the garage im getting to 60*F. i think i should go with a 75w heater. would that be good?

and no i dont have a heater in the garage but i need one.

Its a hydor, try to avoid this brand

I have a hydor

um....haha. ill look into hydros or try to find some other kind.

i just found the hydro heater youre using travisurfer. it sounds good and its pretty cheap. i think ill have to get a 50w since there is no 75w. can you tell me how long it is? do you have it horizontaly on the ground or verticaly?

EDIT

i found that its 7" from marinedepot.com. but how is yours in the tank? i saw some of your pix and i cant find the heater.

The heater is extremely small and needs barely any water. It is currently in my whisper 20 filter. The minimum water line is actually right at the line where the black plastic part ends. If you put the heater straigt up and down you would have more than enough room to fit it in. HTH.

i wanted to put it behind the rocks so it could be hidden but ill try straight up and down. i just ordered the same heater you have from drsfostersmith.

i dont think its a good idea to put it in my false wall because the water level drops really quick back there. i hope i can hide it somewhere in the fuge or maybe ill buy a bigger AC when i get the $$ so i can hide it in there.

if it really does shut off when out of water, ill have to try that. but im not sure it will fit with the AC's tube thing in there already. but ill still try when i get it.

Archived