Pod Your Reef

Mini-Bow 7 Water Circulation?

BeerNuts

I know that the AGA Mini-Bow 7 is one of the most common nano tanks on the forums, So I am wondering what you guys are doing to make current in your tank. Try to be detailed also, direction, depth etc.. saying you have 2 404's dosn't explain much.

Right now I have 1 mini-jet 404 on the back left of the tank blowing along the back but the current isn't making around the tank to the front to well. I was thinking about getting another 404 for the back right and point both to the front bow. Perhaps powerheads? spray bar? ???

duckhuntboy

I'm running a powerhead from a disassembled visi-jet skilter, rated at 100 Gallons per hour. I run it full blast, pointed from the back right to the front right of my tank, and it churns the water well. in the back left, I'm running a whisper 5-15 filter with no media (occasionally media to strain out some ###### in the water).

I'm running a Aquaclear 200 in the middle, with a microjet (73) crossing it. Pics in members nanos. I thought the micro wasn't doing jack-sh*t. I put an air stone in there, lots o' action.

I put an AC 201 ph in the right rear of the tank (looking at it from the front) that is running full open and pointing pretty much towards the center of the bow. On the other side, left rear, I have an AC mini HOB running to help with flow on that side of the tank. It seems to be getting quite a bit of flow throughout the tank. My only concern with the current setup is flow at the very back of the tank. HTH.

harbingerofthefish

On my 5-15 HOB I sealed up the output side with acryllic and drilled through it and slid in pvc with 2 elbows. PIC . This water shoots across the top of the ank and down around around the front from the left to the right.

On my PH (little top-fin 75 gph model), I notched the out put nozzle and inserted a quarter round piece of air tube. make sense? I turned the nozzle so that the "rudder" points up at 45 degrees. This splits my PH out put both going straight out from the right side of the tank and upwards to the center.

All these togehter create a nice swirl area along the whole front of my rockwork. And I have dusters on the backsides of the rockwork that sway around so I guess I have good flow back there too.

I have 3 large pieces of LR that are the base for the aquascaping, none of them touckh the back or each other. All the rest stacks on top of these 3. This leaves the back side open underneath all my rock and creates multiple caves that I can actually see evidence of water flow.

did any of this come out coherent?

*edit*

Oh yeah, I run both my HOB and PH at full. So I'm pumping around 220 gph with no adverse affects. Of course I don't have a fish in there, so I dont know how a 30X turn over would affect a fish.

Archived