inTank Media Baskets

New Online Store-reefermadness.us

peskyfish

This place looks pretty good. They get to cherry pick from Walt Smith's warehouse! gotta like that! I got this email last week.

Announcement for all marine aquarium and reef hobbyists!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning March 20th

there is a new place to get excited about!

Corals & Live Rock from Walt Smith's L.A. Station

Direct to your door

Owned and operated by former employees of Flying Fish Express and specializing in South Pacific corals and live rock from

Walt Smith and other South Pacific locations.

Shipped from Walt's warehouse in Los Angeles.

FREE SHIPPING + 5 DAY GUARANTEE ON ALL ITEMS

Visit Chris & Kristine Turnier on their new site: www.reefermadness.us

Find out how easy it is to get the customer satisfaction

you have been looking for.

New items posted several times weekly

(just after a fresh shipment arrives)

Our low prices always include shipping!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The "free" shipping claim cracks me up. A small orange zooanthid rock for $50? I'm thinking I'm actually paying for shipping in other ways. Nevermind that I can get the same thing from my LFS or Logical Reef for $20. A simple word of advice to reefmadness: Your potential customers aren't stupid, and claiming gimmicky things like "free shipping" in big bold letters on the front page is, imho, insulting. That being said, the site is offering some nice, albeit pricey imo, corals. Lucky for me my lfs is now carrying Walt Smith corals if I want any. :)

good god not at those prices! I got those same pink zoos for $10! If they had more frags then colonies and cheaper prices (like half) yeah I would buy some of those nice acros.

printerdown01

hmmm... I too am chased away by the words "free shipping." I would be more likely to go for "includes S&H charges." Not knocking the site, I'm sure the employee pool is decent and thus the service will be too...

Here's the problem with the "free/included" shipping. Because the shipping is obviously built into the price of the coral, you end up paying the full shipping cost with each coral you buy, so buying 4 corals would essentially cost $120 or so in shipping. Makes me wonder if there is a "bend over" discount. lol

Also if "peskyfish" had been here for any time at all, he'd know there is a forum devoted to venders, and wouldn't have posted in the General forum...

I'm sorry all you guy's think I work for them. (It would be nice though)Please forgive me, I'm a newbie into the hobby.

I just wanted too see if any of you had tried them yet?(I should of posted that first)since I used to buy my goods from Flying Fish Express, I'm looking for somebody new, Liveaquaria's coral's section looks pretty bad.

They do seem a bit pricey$$. Lets hope they see this thread and do something about it.

Bill

ReeferMadnessUS

Dear Hobbiest,

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns regarding our prices. We would like to respond in this manner.

It is our intention to provide you with the finest quality corals available in the industry with the added convenience of only one price. The price includes all your charges at one time for you to evaluate your potential purchase. We have made the decision to "never charge for shipping" because our research has shown that these unknown charges have a tendency to confuse the final price of your purchase until it is actually shipped. Although we have only been in business for a short time we do have experience with this problem from our former employment in this industry, and concluded that this added convenience to you would be a welcome service. If you compare our landed prices with our competition (and all of the additional charges) you will soon realize just how competitive we are. Of course, no one could claim to offer free shipping or we would not be able to stay in business. We will take on the suggestion to change this button to "shipping included" as a more accurate way to describe our intentions to you. However, we do charge $10.00 for a box and packing fee and this charge is still only $10.00 even if you order 10 boxes worth of product. We apologize if anyone was misled by our policy but honestly thought it was obvious what we meant by the statement since we do explain it in our free shipping policy page. Once again, thank you for your suggestions and we will do our best to always keep our ear to the ground to give you the best service and product available.

Kindly, Chris and Kristine Turnier

Owners, Reefer Madness

Archived