ReefCleaners.org

Are Blue Hermits the blood thirsty spawn of Satan?

Reco

Dwarf Blue Hermit Aggression Poll  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which choice best decribes your hermit carb experience

• Nah - Slighty aggressive, but no one gets hurt
    • Sometimes - I have had a few "bad apples"
    • Yes! - They kill each other, and my snails on a regular basis

I have Scarlet and Blue legs with no major problems. Occasinally harassing each other, but no harm done. I do however, keep coming across people who would swear they are evil reincarnate.

So am I in the minority here?

Thank you in advance if you voted!

non-photosynt

Blue-legged and zebra hermits - just like anybody else, kill each other and hunt for a food (astrea snails). Can't say, is it sex dependent (more than one male in the tank) or no. More than enough food and empty shells of all sizes. Had seen 5-6 hermits, fighting together, food couldn't distract them from this activity.

My scarlets hermits have always been mello.

I have had some blue legs that are sometimes quite agressive and even murderous.

I just broke up a blue leg going after a scarlet 2 days ago I am assuming for his shell. This particular blue leg has tried on numerous astrea shells prior.

I have had several Blue legs kill nassarius snails for food. Their shells were too small for the crabs to use yet kill them they did! I do keep extra shells in the tank for them to grow into.

Dont get me wrong i like the blue legs and plan to keep them. They have never done harm to a coral and they are great at keeping things clean. Last week I bought some frags from a place that had visible algae on the rocks. I no sooner had the frags in my tank and I had hermits all over the newcommers eating the algae. The new rock is now total free of algae as my tank has always been. Knock on wood!!!!

Let them eat the occasional snail. I like escargo too!

i hate hermits with a passion. the moment one acts rowdy, is the same moment he finds himself saying hello to a 5'' peacock mantis.

the key word which i like to describe crabs/shrimp/hermits is: "OPPORTUNISTIC" :angry:

Archived