Coral Vue Hydros

Sebae vs. Clarkii

JTrigger

A friend of mine is being offered 1 of the above for his 6 gal nano... and he asked me if there was any real pros/cons to either fish.. *shrug*. Is it true that clarkii are one of the least if not least particular to what they host? Anyone have a saddleback clown btw?

I agree, they are both too big for a 6g.

However, I would question whether or not it's a real sebae. They're quite uncommon, and not near as hardy as the standard aquarium clowns. Most likely, what they're calling a sebae is a clark's with sebae coloring. 95% of sebae's sold in fish stores are A. clarkii, not A. sebae.

As for your other question, yes, Clark's accept more species of anemone than any other clown, including bubble-tips, which are probably the easiest hosting anemones to keep.

• 1 month later...

This is great to hear, as I bought two very tiny "sebae" clowns yesterday. Since they were $12.50 each I STRONGLY suspect they are Clarkiis instead...which is what I wanted in the first place. (Had 2 in my old 40 gallon, where they hosted in a BEAUTIFUL long tentacle anemone...which unfortunately died...)

hray in VA

Archived