Cultivated Reef

If you had a 90g........

fishyz

Southdown and IO mix. I'm poor and it's Christmas time ;)

I would do a softy tank with lots of leathers, zoas, shrooms, and gorgonians. Yellow tangs and anthias for the fishies. Pistols and CBS, a rbt and a couple of periclimenes sp.

I was thinking that I would do maybe 2 tangs-regal and another(not to sure yet), a bicolor angel, 2 clowns either sebea or clarki, some type of puffer maybe a valentini, which puffer do you recomend? I'd also maybe like an pink square anthias. Any other recomendations to the thank?

I was thinking that I would do maybe 2 tangs-regal and another(not to sure yet), a bicolor angel, 2 clowns either sebea or clarki, some type of puffer maybe a valentini, which puffer do you recomend? I'd also maybe like an pink square anthias. Any other recomendations to the thank?

A puffer would terrorize and kill most of your fish.

A puffer would terrorize and kill most of your fish.

Even a valentini puffer? I have seen a porcuine puffer with all of the fish that I would like to have.

Even a valentini puffer? I have seen a porcuine puffer with all of the fish that I would like to have.

Well I was a bit one-sided,puffers are kinda like damsels.Most are a-holes but there are a few acceptions.It also depends on fish to fish.But if you have quick fish you should be okay.But nothing can run forever.I have seen a youtube video of a guy with a 90g with a porki and a yellow tank and the yellow tang has a 3in chunk missing out of its dorsal.

But I wouldn't risk having a puffer in a mixed FOWLR.They are better suted for a species only aquarium.

I'd do a community tank with a boxfish or cowfish as the centerpiece. But then again, I've always been obsessed with them, so thats just me.

I'd do a community tank with a boxfish or cowfish as the centerpiece. But then again, I've always been obsessed with them, so thats just me.

I've heard that when cowfish die, they can kill your whole tank. I don't want that to happen. I really want one, but i'm a little scared of that happening.

If I don't get a puffer, and just stick to all of the other fish, would that be ok? Do they all get along good with each other? I'm also thinking that instead of the bicolor angel maybe I could do a larger angel such as a majestic angel. Would it be ok in a 90galllon tank, or does it need a larger tank?

I've heard that when cowfish die, they can kill your whole tank. I don't want that to happen. I really want one, but i'm a little scared of that happening.

They have the ability to, but they rarely, rarely ever produce the toxin when they die. The hardest part about keeping them is that they are ich magnets and don't respond well to the normal treatments for it.

I'm still very tempted to try one out in my next reef tank (because the poison won't affect corals we've determined), but I'm scared that I'll introduce ich to the tank really fast and have an uphill battle from the beginning.

They have the ability to, but they rarely, rarely ever produce the toxin when they die. The hardest part about keeping them is that they are ich magnets and don't respond well to the normal treatments for it.

I'm still very tempted to try one out in my next reef tank (because the poison won't affect corals we've determined), but I'm scared that I'll introduce ich to the tank really fast and have an uphill battle from the beginning.

thats why I was thinking of doing a puffer instead, but now i'm leaning toward just doing tangs angels and some other fish.

. The hardest part about keeping them is that they are ich magnets and don't respond well to the normal treatments for it.

Cleaning wrasses,cleaner shrimp.

I would suggest for a fish only:eels like a snowflake,I THINK they can live with fish.Or a big centerpiece angel.But I would go for a small amount of LR that only goes 1/2 way to the top of the tank and make it to go the leingth of the tank.I would then put some boxfish in and put some soft corals in there.Kinda like a FOWLR/reef cross.

Archived