Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bubble Tip Anemone and clown question

krazydy

Hi all. Today i bought a bubble tip anemone for my pair of false perc. clowns. How long dose it ussually take before the anemone begins to host them? I dont belive that the clowns have been exposed to an anemone untill today.

I've heard of people taping a picture of another clown hosting an anemone on their tank glass facing in, to kind of give them the idea.

BrassMonkey030

i did that . all fish including the clown just moved and stayed at the other side of the tank. :) he is lucky he is retarded puppy type cute or he would be in trouble.!!

I currently have the original lighting that came with the OG JBJ nano cube. It found a nice spot of the highest rock and stayed there. and as the houres go by it seems to be opening more. I'm changing the lighting in the next few weeks to a sunpod 70 watt HQI MH.

I've heard of people taping a picture of another clown hosting an anemone on their tank glass facing in, to kind of give them the idea.

I've seen this statement posted on here time and time again, and people always say that their cousin's friend's brother's girlfriend tried this and it worked.

I always get a chuckle....

Seriously though. Ocellaris do not host in Entamacea Quadricolor in the wild so I would say they likely won't host. Ocellaris are some of the most finicky clowns, especially if they are tank bred.

edited for clarity

Um, I read around and finally found one that I think would work. Someone would put both their anemone and their fish in a net together for like maybe 5 minutes. i don't know if the stress of doing something like that would be worth it but you could try. Then again, your clownfish may never host at all. -_-

watch out when you add your new lights. It might not want to have that high energy. You may find it move down the tank to the bottom. BTA's are med light creatures.

Good luck.

watch out when you add your new lights. It might not want to have that high energy. You may find it move down the tank to the bottom. BTA's are med light creatures.

Good luck.

So would the BTA survive with my Original 12G nano cubes lights? It's 24w 50/50. The BTA seems to have found a spot on the rock a i placed it in yesterday and it seems to be attached to it but not opening up. is this normal for a BTA that has only been in the tank for a little over 24 Hrs?

BTA.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

I hate to say this but its gonna die, if not already dead (which it looks), with that lighting. They need INTENSE lighting. like 100+ watts of CF or MH or T5HO

Mrseptember15

It looks like a dead piece of meat :-(, Poor guy didn't have a chance. How much lighting do BTA's need in a 30gallon? Will 130watts suffice or do I need more?

The 70w MH will be perfect for the BTA.

Of more pressing importance now will be maintaining water quality and not overheating your tank.

Anemones and 12 gallon tanks are asking for trouble IMO. I'm pushing it in my 24.

The 70w MH will be perfect for the BTA.

Of more pressing importance now will be maintaining water quality and not overheating your tank.

Anemones and 12 gallon tanks are asking for trouble IMO. I'm pushing it in my 24.

I've been lucky and never had any water issues. All my levels are on and my temp stays constant @ 76 deg. the only issue I've had sofar was an aggresive dotty back I had to banish from the tank :happy: Sofar it opend under the bridge all day and now seems to be moving to the sand bed. Do they like to be in sand beds? When i got it at the lfs it was on the sand bed hosting a clarkii.

Archived