Pod Your Reef

Recycling Shells

BHRay

I got 2 hermit crabs to try and help with this terrible (well, at least unsitely) algae problem. They seem to like to hang on my astraus (sp?) snails, so I grabbed some shells that were laying outside where I work.. Now these came from a cycled tank at work that was torn down last year. THey've made it through the winter, just bleaching themselves in the sun once the snow melted. I was thinking of throwing a few of them into my 10g reef so that if the hermits grow, they can jump into one of them, instead of killing a live snail (my chromis disappeared 2 days after they arrived). Does this sound ok? How do I prepare/clean them? I also have a couple neat looking pieces of bleached coral that I found with the old shells/substrate, Thx

who is this frickin guy?

is this the same toad that was screwing around before?

bh,

skippy's a few cards short of a full deck. normally i don't 'police' but morons like that always love to gum things up.

if you've got crappie on the shells soak them in water, boil them, scrub, whatever is fine. hermits themselves will do a good job but i always soak in water first. hth

Hey SKIPPY, don't be such a F* wad. Questions in the beginner forum are from peeps that really need help. They will believe what you say because they have no other opinion that they trust. Don't be such a a F*ing loser. I can not believe what a tool you are. Did your D&D group break down? Has there not been a Star Trek movie released lately that you can talk about? When you suggest sh*t like that you make me look bad, actually I can handle if an asshat like you has something to say about me. Just remember I'm the Brad Pitt to your Edward Norton, I'm the person you want to be, and you're the person I thank God I'm not. The thing I get ####ed about, is that you make my friends in this community look bad! A joke in the Advanced Forum is one thing. Don't F with people starting out.

Archived