Coral Vue Hydros

Jemram's new Fish Only tank

jemram

Well now my Cube is all setup I've started a fish only tank:eek:

It's starting out nice and simple with a Juwel Rio125. I added the fish on Saturday, a three inch Lionfish and a three inch Niger Trigger. Currently I'm just running the Juwel filter but will be adding a shimmer shortly. Once they have grown a little I've got a Juwel Vision250 for them to go in and then once they out grow that I'll invest in a 6foot plus tank.

Here's a couple of pictures:

FTFTS.jpg

Lionfish2.jpg

trig1.jpg

Sweet tank!!

Thanks. It's come out alot better than I was expecting. I bought the tank second hand on ebay, and when I went to collect it, it looks quite tatty. I got it home in the bath and gave it a really good clean up, removed the Juwel filter which had been chopped about and fitted a new one on the other corner. I also changed the light tubes from the freshwater tubes to a marine white and a marine blue. It now looks like new:D

On a more serious note it is not advised to keep lions and triggers together as triggers and puffers have a nasty habit of nipping, tearing, and injuring the fins of lionfish. Just an FYI.

I agree about the trigger going after the lion, but the niger tends to be a bit less aggressive and it may be suitable. I've even kept nigers in reef tanks without much trouble. A trigger is a trigger though and therefore unpredictable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived