Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

80 gallon tank

fishyz

I've been looking at tanks for quite awhile now and I'm thinking of buying used. There is an 80 gallon tank that comes with a fluval filter. I'm wondering if it is a good filter to use for salt water. Do any of you use on for your tank? Thanks

I've been looking at tanks for quite awhile now and I'm thinking of buying used. There is an 80 gallon tank that comes with a fluval filter. I'm wondering if it is a good filter to use for salt water. Do any of you use on for your tank? Thanks

[/quo

What are you goin to put in your SW tank???? fish only, reef, etc??? but i wouldnt use that filter!!! I would use a wet dry, or refugium, then again depends what your goin to put in your tank...

I'm planning on making it a FOWLR tank.

Ya i would say just put a wet dry system on there, with a good protien skimmer!!!! you could look on ebay for wet drys if you want to save a little money...

Or, you could use live rock as a natural filter and save all the hassles that come with a wet/dry setup.

Then, should you want to convert it to a reef system later on, you're already there with the filtration (provided you have a decent protein skimmer, which you should buy regardless of the type of filtration you plan on using).

Archived