Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Nano Has Finally Begun

XtremeSport

XtremeSport

After 8 months it has begun, I just added the live rock an hour ago, and wow it looks great. I have counted at least 25 baby feather dusters, and a bunch of corals I cant ID (I need a picture book). Check out the pics

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/anxtremesport/l...no-Reef&.view=t

Ok so I need advice on what to do next here is my setup

10 gal tank

50w tronic heater

hagen 201 ph

whisper 10 gal HOB no media now I did have floss to clear up sand

2x32 AH supply with 1 10,000 and 1 acentic in DIY Hood

15#Carib Sea Argonite

15#Caribian Aquacultered Live rock

What I did was rince sand and added salt water. I let it sit with the hater PH and HOB with floss for one week . 1.023SG

Added Live Rock Today

Now when should I start testing levals and how often. Do I need any suppliments in the tank for all the life, or will the light be enough for now.

I plan on starting with 4 hours of light a day and increasing to 10 withen 2 weeks?????

Any help would be great

XtremeSport

The man at the LFS said I should put in Kent Marine Calcium Buffer TECH-CB during the cycle. Any thoughts?

Or should I just let the cycle run its course with no water changes, or suppliments

Let the tank cycle on its own, I don't know how well you trust your LFS but many of them are out to screw you over when you ask for advice or tell them what you are doing... The way to tell is ask them for advice... If he tries to sell you everything in the store that says "Marine" on it ditch the guy and find your own advice >.>

SeaMountain

Sha-weet! :) I really like the size and layout your LR too. I picked up a 22 lb box and a few were fairly larger pieces and I couldn't do a whole lot with them. Took up a lot of 'floor space'! LOL

FWIW - My LFS keeps telling me I need this and that to do a SW tank. He even thought a 10g was a stupid thing to do and should only be attempted by VERY EXPERIENCED SW folks.

Btu then again his two tanks look like cr@p. I had to point out a dying Blue Tang the other day! Poor thing was fluttering on it's side in a corner. All they did was turn out the lights so it "wouldn't stress' anymore... :(

Lot's of good stuff here. Enjoy yourself!

B)

XtremeSport

Thanks everyone,

Guess what, I was looking at the rock lastnight, and I have a clam/oyster thing on the side. Its covered in Coraline algie and is the size of a silver dollar. Ill try to post some pics later

Archived