Pod Your Reef

Update on my 18g Via Aqua (lots of pics)

sonic

well its been about a month so heres some pics I just took, most of the corals I put it yesterday and the two percs I put in 4 days ago.

crib_32403_4.jpg

looking awesome, how far along is your tank? How long has it been setup and did you get any algae problems? I have my ViaAqua 680 setup and I am getting a pretty good breakout of brown algae going on my 3rd week.

Jeremy

Thank you for the update. :) I will be posting my 18 gallon Via Aqua pictures soon. As soon as I figure out how to resize them and make them small enough to fit into these forums that is. Hehe...

I have a question though. Did you take this picture right after the lights were turned on? I notice your green star polyps and your mushroom aren't expanded fully. Is that the reason?

In my Via Aqua, so far, my zoanthids are loving life. Just want to be sure it's not a lighting thing before I decide to add shrooms and gsps.

John

goliath - my tank has been running for little over a month. I also got a breakout of brown algae but my snails took care of it in like 3 days, I still get a bit here and there but its gone in no time. My cycle was not very long because about 90% of my LR was well cured.

xwhite - no problem. the pics where taken at night right after feeding, the mushroom is shriveled up becuase I have just moved him, since its a single shroom attached to a tini piece of rock sometimes it comes loose, I think he will stay in that new spot. also he is pretty new, I'm guessing he it still aclimating himself to my lighting cause he was under some really bright stuff at the LFS. Some of my polips are retracted because the clown likes to swim by there so they go in and out alot, same with my zooz, one of the clowns is starting to like it alot, he tries to feed it and rubs himself all over it. I'm sure that the lighting is adequate but I'm looking into getting another hood just like the one it brings just so I can grow more stuff, and the tank is pretty deep. make sure to post pics of your tank when you resize them.

Archived