Coral Vue Hydros

Mag 7 or Mag 12 w/gate valve

stevearthur

stevearthur

I am stuck in my decision of which pump to buy. I have a $60 gift card from Petsmart and I'd like to use this money for my pump. Petsmart only sells through mag 7 then jumps to mag 12. My dilemma is to get the mag 7 or the 12 and use a gate valve to restrict the flow. Here is the system that I am planning.

Mag 12...bigger is better. I run a 1200 gph pump on the 40 and the flow rate with head figured brings it down to 700ish.

I have a SCWD ordered, I wish it would get here.

stevearthur

My only concern is the harmfull effect of the swift current on my fish, and I am not that worried about the corals. I ordered the scwd form Inland Reef for $29, I think, and they are taking for ever on my order. One heck of a price though!

Well you should have a valve on the line anyway, so you can adjust the flow down. Don't want to blow the water out of the tank (it won't) :) .

I ordered from them also and haven't received anything yet, it will be a week tomorrow.

stevearthur

I emailed Inland Reef and they said that I am next on the list, but I did order this product on march 16th. Hurry hurry hurry!!

• 2 weeks later...

plum a ball valve and 4 elbows into the return, that will give you 4 more feet of effective head pressure to cut down on the flow. you can always cut out, or union out the elbows later :P

Archived