Yellow polyps:

YellowPolyps.jpg

Zoanthids:

Zoanthids.jpg

Blenny, hitchhiker crab, and green stars:

BlennyStars.jpg

Enjoy.

My Alife 7

Thats a nice looking tank! I hope mine ends up looking like that! Are you sure it's 5 gallons...? That tank from what I can see looks exactly like mine except that mines a 7 gallon...

Thank you for the comments.

This is in fact a 5 gallon tank made by ALife.  My girlfriend gave it to me for my birthday.  It has been running for over 2 months and still going.  ALife makes both 5 gallon and 7 gallon tanks, but with the exact same lighting, powerheads, bio-balls, etc.

I took the pictures with my friend's camera.  It is a Sony DSC-S50.

Thanks again.  I will try to post more pictures soon.

Here are the specs:

Stock Powerhead

27 watts light (white/actinic)

took out bio-balls / left in sponge filters

7lbs LR

5lbs LS

Great looking polyp dominated tank :).  Looks like theres 2 big caves in the picture or it could be the glare playing tricks on me right now hehe. Also I wanted to add, theres been a guy on ebay selling alife tanks. Just letting anyone whos interested in since there was a previous thread about people wanting to Mail order them or something.  

There are actually three big caves in the tank.  Two are visible and the third cave in facing the rear of the tank on the right side of the left piece of LR...I hope that wasn't too confusing.

The green star polyp rock I have on the left front side of the tank is a frag I took off the mother colony on the top right.  It is a nice frag rubberbanded to a rock.  I will be taking the rubberbands off the rock in a few days.

I did not take a close-up shot of my Gonipora because it was not fully opened at the time.  Now, the tentacles are fully extended and it is looking VERY healthy.

I am planning to add a cleaner shrimp and Rio180 powerhead to the tank soon.  I will place the new powerhead in the stock sump location and place the stock powerhead just above my caulerstra coral.  I will also be adding small pieces of LR and LS that will be placed in the sump compartment were the bio-balls once were and act as biological filtration.  The sponge filters will be removed and filled with LR and LS as well.

I will try to post update pics as soon as I can.

• 3 months later...
NaNO ReeFiN

Awesome pics! Love the rockwork! (okay... I can't see the pics either... BUT! I remember what his tank looked like.. it's beautiful!)

Archived