ReefCleaners.org

90 Gallon D.A.S from boring to amazing!

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Ok well I do tank maintenance for a few people in Virginia Beach and most people just want a water change some algae scraped and a general cleaning of filters and crap like that. But then I got a call from a guy who has a 90 gallon DAS (Dutch aquarium systems) corner tank, he wanted me to transform it into a show stopping, jaw dropping reef and that’s what we are doing with it. He has a fuge ordered and new live rock from premium aquatics coming tomorrow. When I first got there the guy that had been doing the maintenance before had his salinity at 1.032 aiptasia and cyano everywhere. I fixed the salinity and put phosphate media in there, fixed his power heads and took his blue angel and fire shrimp out, and the dead clam. He just has 2 regular fluorescent bulbs on it (OE DAS equipment) on actinic and one 10k. I am searching for a good halide setup that will fit and will let it run for a wile to see if we need a chiller and then it will begin. I have been sending him pics of tanks to see what he wants to go with and the only response that I get from him is "this is your tank, make it your work of art", is this not every poor reefers dream or what. I will be posting pics as we go to keep everyone updated and if anyone has any cool colorful frags that they want to sell than this is the place to let me know.

Picture_0038.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

The rock from premium aquatics came in and it looks great...not as much coaline as I thought it would have but that will grow, I have started putting "Purple up" in to make it grow a little faster.

Here is the aquascaping that I did.

Picture_0075.jpg

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

So it is impossible to put halides on this so he is just going to give it to me and get a new tank with a taller canopy...Cool huh?

You should have no trouble puting a dual MH setup over that tank. Make your own reflectors to fit a canope and you are good to go.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

There is 2.75 inches from the top of the water to the top of the canopy halides need at least 3.5 inches from the water

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Yea that and cutting the lids and putting them on that way but he doesnt want any custom stuff he said that it has to look clean and professional and when I try to let him know about what Im talking about he really doesnt want to hear it. I was just going to put some T5's but he wants the shimmer of halides (they really do look better)

• 1 month later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Well, instead of all that he had me order a custom pentagon tank from aquariums for you.com with starphire glass. and he gave the other one to me... it is actually 115 gallons and I have 2 lions in it.

Archived