Top Shelf Aquatics

nano skimming q.

printerdown01

printerdown01

Looking at either creating a smaller nano or adding a skimmer... For all those with skimmers out there what skimmers are you using? Who makes it? How efficient is it? and What don't you like about it? I tried looking up skimmers in the search and only ran across a few mentions of what skimmers people were actually using. I know that almost 1/2 of ya skim, so lets get a list going...

Thanks,

Anthony

printerdown01

I realize that people have hear and there posted what they used... What I was hoping for is a list as well as the commentary that I requested...

If you do a search on the skimmers I listed, I'm sure you'll come up with more commentary than you want. But, I'm long-winded and I like to answer questions. In the future, this might be best posted in the Beginner's Forums. As that's where I like to hang out and post entirely too much.

Okay...

CPR Bakpak. Used one on a 55 gallon reef in the nineties. Worked extremely well. It's a venturi skimmer so you have that constant burbly sucking noise. But, the nice thing about it is that it has a place to put biomedia that you can use to put temp probes, pH probes and a heater.

AquaC Remora. I'm using this on my 18 gallon right now. Not enough experience with it to give a good opinion. So far, it's just breaking in. Which means it's not skimming much and it's throwing bubbles into the tank. I'll be able to give a better opinion a month or two from now. From the reviews that I've read, it's a fantastic skimmer. And, just slightly quieter than a Bakpak.

John

Archived