inTank Media Baskets

White spots (animal) in glass

titos

Hi guys im really new in this hobby. I have 12gal. eclipse its been runnig for about 10 months. I have a protein skimer i think it the seaclone 100. Well like 3 weeks ago I aperently got ich my clown fish died but im still trying to cure my firefish. well my question is in my tank they appear to be some little really tiny animals in the glass and they move around any idea what it could be. Could be ich?

Not a fan of UV sterilizers. Take the fish out and dip them in a freshwater bath or soak them in malachite green/copper sulfate. Return them to the tank and be careful not to let the waters mix. Discard the medicated water and use the procedure as an excuse to do a water change.

Alternatively, let the ich run its course by increasing the temperature, take the fish into a quarantine tank and medicate it for several weeks, and then return to the display tank.

Personally, it seems like a lot of work for one fish. Honestly, I would wait and see and let nature take its course.

Not a fan of UV sterilizers. Take the fish out and dip them in a freshwater bath or soak them in malachite green/copper sulfate. Return them to the tank and be careful not to let the waters mix. Discard the medicated water and use the procedure as an excuse to do a water change.

Alternatively, let the ich run its course by increasing the temperature, take the fish into a quarantine tank and medicate it for several weeks, and then return to the display tank.

Personally, it seems like a lot of work for one fish. Honestly, I would wait and see and let nature take its course.

ich is not visible to the naked eye unless it is in the parasitic form on the fish. you will never see free-swimming or any form otherwise of the parasite.

you have some species of beneficial macroinvertibrate, probably a copepod. it's nothing to worry about and the population will eventually level off when fish and other inverts are added.

no worries, youre doing ok. :)

ooh my God that post was in the wrong area, it belonged in the ich one...sorry guys and gals, I can't multi-task. I scrolled up and was like "copepods" what are they talking about?

lol

sorry again

Archived