Cultivated Reef

I dont like my red macro algae

Joe_fro

I have this red macro algae that I suppose came on my rock. It started off almost unnoticeable now it occupies the front and top of my center rock. this stuff is so ugly is there a way i can get it off. ive tried to take it off by hand and its anchored pretty darn good. is there any other way to get rid of this stuff? Please help this stuff sucks.

thanks

joe

Don't forget, you could sell or trade it to us reefers that really like macro algaes. Dig out a plug around the root base and take a picture of it, someone may want what you don't.

freakaccident

You could buy a yellow tang for a week and not feed it. Not a very nice thing to do putting a tang in such a small tank but he would certainly take care of the crap in a jiffy. Mine did. Take him back when he eats all the crap.

i love the weedwacker idea thats nice. I really wish it was that easy. Its not a pain or anything but its just ugly and needs to be trimmed back.

by the way dave what am i supposed to do with that blade, edge my tank?:P

I had some that loked like grapes, I liked it a lot. Until I added a turbo snail and it munched it down completely. And that stupid snail doesn't touch any of my other uglier algae! (i.e. hair algae). So, I guess a turbo snail will solve your problem, if it is the same thing.

Archived