Cultivated Reef

seachem reef salt

miguel

Anybody have experience using seachem reef salt? I have been a long time user of instant ocean, and I have been always happy with the look of my tank. Recently a co-worker who was getting out of the hobby gave me two buckets of seachem reef salt. My memory is kinda hazy now as to what happened first, the red hair algea, or adding the seachem salt, but my tank is full of hair algea now and lots of bubbles. On the glass and on some of the substrate there are bubbles and hair algea and it looks terrible. The live rock is also covered in the algea. I haven't changed anything in my routine apart from adding the seachem, anybody using this salt successfully?

I'm gonna purchase some more instant ocean and sea if this goes away.

Never used the salt mix. But this brings up a good point. Use whatever works. Aside from the fact that it's free salt mix, why did you decide to use it when IO worked well for you?

John

I used it because I didn't forsee having any problems with it, I was a bit reluctant because the IO has served me well but didn't think that it could cause any problems. I am not even sure if this is the cause for all of the problems I am now having with the tank. By using your ideology about staying with something that works, well then how would you ever find something that may be better.

Archived