Pod Your Reef

I finally fragged my Acropora

dla

I finally fragged my Acropora today. I super glued it to some rubble (Live rock), well I notice that the bottom area of the fragged Acropora looks like it is dieing ( it turned white). Is this O.K.?

no its not sounds like rtn or stn (something like that) not good... i dont know much about it but its when the tissue dies off and im pretty sure they dont know wat causes it. i think it stands for Rapid Tissue Necrosis and Slow tissue Necrosis something like that

Give it time. Even with some tissue dying, they'll usually bounce back quick enough. Keep you water params good, and I'm sure it'll come around.

It could be RTN, but I doubt it. Considering you just fragged it.

no its not sounds like rtn or stn (something like that) not good... i dont know much about it but its when the tissue dies off and im pretty sure they dont know wat causes it. i think it stands for Rapid Tissue Necrosis and Slow tissue Necrosis something like that

The tissue is still there, it just turned white at the base where I super glue it.

mushroom head

Thats what happend to me after i fragged my bubble gum acro and glued it down, just give it time like RayWhisperer said it will come back pretty soon.

how is the main coleny that you fragged to from doing? If it is ok I would say as long as your water parms are still good that it has a chance of recovering.

Archived