Pod Your Reef

Harlequin & Pom Pom

Jordon

I have a 5gallon and I'm in love with both the Harlequin Shrimp and Pom Pom Crab. So i was wundering if they could co-exist in my tank. I know what they both need and i've done my research on both but i dont know if they can live together.

*please help*

I have a 5gallon and I'm in love with both the Harlequin Shrimp and Pom Pom Crab. So i was wundering if they could co-exist in my tank. I know what they both need and i've done my research on both but i dont know if they can live together.

*please help*

Nice Combo... where are you getting a the Pom Pom?
Stephen-in-Va

I haven't kept the shrimp... But my pom pom doesn't seem to bother anything. Except what it can eat or swab off the glass with it's anemones. It's in a 10 gallon with 2 peppermint shrimp and so far I haven't had any problems. In my opinion you'd be ok. The shrimp has a very specialized diet. The two shouldn't compete for food at least. The only concern I'd have is it may be tight quarters for one of them if the other for some reason becomes aggressive toward the other. What's your plan for feeding the shrimp?

They'll get along fine. Just be sure to have a regular bi-weekly source for feeder starfish. The pompoms are peaceful and can eat whatever fish food type stuff, like marine pellets or, better yet, frozen.

They'll be fine, but make sure you have good water quality, and i'd advise on getting a pair of the shrimp.

Don't put the shrimp in until you are absolutely sure you can handle the responsibility.

They'll be fine, but make sure you have good water quality, and i'd advise on getting a pair of the shrimp.

Don't put the shrimp in until you are absolutely sure you can handle the responsibility.

I really sat down and thought about it. I decided with me juggling 2 aquariums it wold be enough right now. so i'm going to what.

But thatnks for all the help anyway.

Archived