Coral Vue Hydros

quick crab question.

grink dude

ok my emerald crab is missing 2 legs, and 1 claw, so i don't see him much, maybe every night, for like a few second. but i haven't seen him for like 5/6 days or so, does this mean that he is getting ready to molt?? or could i just be missing him??? my peppermint has molted, and ever since i see him loads of the time.

Grink,

Whenever my crabs hide the first thing I always supect is that they have molted and are hiding until their shell harden. Usually the shed is noticible but sometimes the CUC gets to it before you get a chance to see it. My Emerald always molts at night. I would give it a few more days before you worry. Keep an eye your params though in case he has gone T.U.

If he is missing that many legs, it may take several molts before they fully regenerate. Claws in particular seem to take a while and sometimes never look quite right.

Hope this helps.

Prof

yeah, just take your time... if you suspect you know where he might be you could always drop some food near there and see if he'll come out so that you can check on him... patience...

yes all invertebrates can. when they molt. i haven't seen the crab in ages, he has a lair in this very porous rock. i haven't seen a molt, or a body, so maybe he has molted, and is still hardening. only tim will tell, thanks for the help.

Archived