Coral Vue Hydros

Anemone/Clownfish webcam

alphaex32

Ive been trying to set up a webcam for my new BTA and tomato clownfish, but ive been having some trouble...it seems that only some people can see it correctly. The URL is:

http://68.45.99.59:8080

Here's the story, I bought the BTA yesterday for my ocellaris clowns (this is a 29g btw), and apparently there was a tomato clown hiding in it when he bagged it up. I discovered this when I put the anemone in the tank. Anyway, there has been some fighting, but things have settled down and the percs dont even seem to care about the anemone. The other fish in the tank are a sixline wrasse and a clown goby. Enjoy!

yeah, that tomato loves his anemone. He never leaves it (except to chase away intruders, of course).

My equipment is an i-seaphoto webcam/digital cam. I bought it because it was waterproof and cheap and I thought I could have an underwater webcam, but when I opened it, I realized that the waterproof casing can not be used when it is connected to the computer. Instead, I made a casing out of a box and attached a suction cup to the front of it. Then I put the camera in the box and suction cupped it to the front of the tank facing directly at the anemone. For software, im using "webcamxp" which is a really easy (and cheap) streaming webcam application. That's about it...wasnt too hard, but its annoying having the big camera blocking that part of my tank, which is why I usually have the webcam off. I turned it off for tonight and it might not be back on till tuesday. See you then...

Archived