Cultivated Reef

best bait for a crab trap ?

chuckfullservice

chuckfullservice

I believe I have a predator crab in my tank .

Saturday morning my sixline went missing . He was seen the night before around 11:30 pm swimming actively with his 2 false clown tank mates . He was healthy and happy active and playful also he was eating very well. I did a 20% water change and began my search only to find him in his favorite sleeping area with a large gouge in his abdomin and his eyes were missing. While I suspect the clean up crew for the eyes I believe the gouge in his side was caused by a predator. I don't have any other options at this point. I have noticed almost all of my 10 cerith snail have gone missing and alot of the shells were found in the area where the sixline slept. Any thoughts would be appreciated also what bait would you recomend if you believe it to be a predator?

Thanks,

Chuck

were the snail shells smashed up at all? if so its most likely a mantis...if not if you get the crab out you can ship it to me, monte will get some pay back for you, best food i would say is a a dead fish, something like silversides or maybe go to the LFS and look for fish that died in the tank from getting to close to the filtration and ask them if you can have the fish

Archived