Cultivated Reef

dying black & white clownfish?

Candi_MI

I have a 24g aquapod, I do weekly 5g water changes.

Fish include a black & white clown, false perc clown, six line wrasse, and green banded goby.

I got my black & white about a month ago from a guy locally, I was immediately concered as his jaw was very deformed... the previous owner told me he ate fine... I fed him the same food (new life small pellets) along with flake & cyclopeez and he always ate, although slowly.

Today I went to feed my fish and saw that he is super pale, all splotchy looking really... and is swimming very strangely with his face up at the surface and his body downward, he also doesn't seem to be trying to eat (ate fine and looked fine yesterday)

Any ideas? I feel just sick thinking maybe he was slowly starving to death in front of me... and/or worry it's something that could affect my other fish, we're moving in 1 1/2 weeks and I already packed up my small 5g I could have used for a hospital tank and can't get to it.

Thanks!

he was gone w/i 30mins of my typing the post :(

All I can think is that his deformed jaw caught up with him and although I saw him eating he wasn't getting enough to sustain himself.

Archived