Cultivated Reef

possible problem

romeo22

I've had my 3 gallon pico setup for almost a month now with absolutely no problems. i haven't seen my pompom crab much since I put him in, here and there I'll see a leg, but other than that, he's kept to himself. Tonight as I was staring at the tank, I noticed him in the LR. It looks like he's not moving AT ALL. I tried to blow some water on him, and he didn't move.

So here's my question:

I'm not entirely sure if he is dead, but if he is, it is going to be a huge hassle moving the LR to get to him. Do you think it would be a HUGE mistake to give it another 12 hours or so and see if he moves overnight? I know he does a lot of his moving overnight, so maybe he is just sleeping. Otherwise, i'll have to take him out. Or should I just do some aquascaping and go at him now?

Try to poke him with a straw or a long piece of plastic.He probably molted and is now hiding.No need to worry,try to poast us some pics if you can.

Good luck

-fugu

I bet that he molted as well. It freaked me out the first time my crabs started doing that but once I did a head count the next day it made me realize it was just them shedding. I would give it until tomorrow and see if you see him elsewhere.

i sure hope so....but i guess i'm just scared bc i rarely see him anyway, and i don't want to have my levels get out of whack if in fact he has moved on to the big tank in the sky...

Yeah my anemoney crab molted somtime between 8:30 and 10:45wt last night.I was freakin out,I diddn't know they shedded there filter feeder things too! she looked the same but not upside down and dead.

Yeah my anemoney crab molted somtime between 8:30 and 10:45wt last night.I was freakin out,I diddn't know they shedded there filter feeder things too! she looked the same but not upside down and dead.

My cbs has molted 4 times in the last 7months, the molt can look just like the real critter. If there are other possible predators in the tank, its likely the invert is hidding untill its exo firms up.

Archived