SaltCritters.com

will this work to grow pods

chuck22689

thanks to my mothers addiction to these things i have around 20 or 30 of these pork rind buckets

jimmy001.jpg

they hold a little more than a gallon and a half. i was hoping i could use them to grow pods in for my nano. i would like to keep a mandrin in the future. ive been reading the mandrian tread. im working on a 20l with a 20 gallon sump at the moment but may end up do a 40 gallon breeder with a 20l sump. either way could i use these buckets with some liverodck to grow pids for my mandrian.

if you're absolutely 100% set on getting a mandarin, at least go with the 40 breeder and the 20g sump/refugium.

i still don't recommend this though. the mandarin might starve. i know people still do this, but have you ever noticed that after a while you stop hearing about their mandarins and how they are doing? wonder why...

good luck,

Tim

DementedLullaby

Too just answer the question, should work fine IMO.

Tell your mom to stop eating so many of those :P. Can't be good for her ^^ lol

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2
if you're absolutely 100% set on getting a mandarin, at least go with the 40 breeder and the 20g sump/refugium.

i still don't recommend this though. the mandarin might starve. i know people still do this, but have you ever noticed that after a while you stop hearing about their mandarins and how they are doing? wonder why...

good luck,

Tim

i breed brine in 2 glass pop shop bottles to feed my banggai fry

IMG_1411.jpg

tim if ya want to hear about my mandies just ask :) . even though i've

kept 2 mandy in a 40g system for the last 2 years (official now :) ) (30tall -10sump) i tend to agree with tim.

however if your serious about it your on the right track. set up those cultures, big ref and if ya can, go for the 40. :)

i dont see why ya couldn't string a bunch of those containers up and set up a pod farm. ya just need pods,saltwater,air stone and photoplankton.

thanks for the advice im just in the planing stages now were trying to sell our house so it will be a while before i can get things started. i need to talk to the guy at the lfs here and see if he will sell one of the 40 he has sitting around. then all i have to do is build the stand. i was hoping i could string 4 or 5 of those buckets togeter and have a nice little pod farm so when i do get a mandi he would have plenty to eat. if i set them up above the tank and put some valves on them could i just open the valves and basikly pour the pods into the tank or would it be better to plumb them all togeter and just have them constantly circulateing into the tank as for the pork rinds ive tried to get her to cut back but ther on her diet, but i dont think ther to bad ive checked the ingredents and theres almost nuting to them, ill keep trying though

I do agree with Icy, but i am still attempting it, to many's dismay. I wouldnt suggest trying it tho. Go 40, i am investing in one soon as i get my refund from unemployment for my mandy. and im sure many will be happy to hear that.

but still, i wouldnt suggest it.

blah blah blah icy, lol. Dont get me started B) besides, i thought of all the cool stuff i could do with a 40 as well. and well, the health of my mandy, and the phyce of his little mind. i thought about it and thought, and i finally came to the conclusion you told me earlier. space has needs with these guys. that would be like housing my beardie in a 30 gallon....

i cant stand the thought of it.

same with the mandy now

Archived