ReefCleaners.org

Good news and bad news

GuyontheCouch

GuyontheCouch

Of course, ill go with the bad news first. Ive been noticing a greenish algae on the glass of my tank. Its not like a slime algae, its harder than that. Any ideas. All my water parameters check out right. I have 3 lbs of live rock, and about an inch worth of live sand. 18 watts p.c light. I have one astrea snail. I dont really want to put another snail in there unless i have to (claims from a book im reaing.) Should i just scrape and suckthis stuff off the glass??

The good news! I just got my first coral, FOR FREE!!! a 7 polyp GSP rock. So far so good! How long do you guys wait until you buy another coral? I dont want to rush things!

And on that note, any body here from NEPA and have some zoa frags for sale????

Probably corillane,how big is your tank?

You can add as many corals as you want whenever you want.I don't have any corals yet but some free GSP sounds nice!

Any plastic card will work good. As far as adding corals: they really dont effect your bioload so you can add them all at once. Most people get theyre first coral, wait a while to see if they kill it, then if they can keep it healthy get some more.

GuyontheCouch

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, scraping sounds good, nest water change, so i can suck it up while i scrape it off.

FUGU, it doesnt look like corilline, at least none that i have had, (always had just the purple) I have a 2.5 gal. tank.

Its been a week since i had the GSP, (still a bit early to tell) but all seems well. The guy who owns the store said he would frag me a green rhodactis (sp.) mushroom, but im not sure if the flow from my AC is too much for it.

^-- Yep.

If it is relatively opaque & calcerous, it is coralline.

If it more like traditional algae (green & almost transparant) it is probably a kind of chlorophyte.

FUGU: Crowies? :huh:

maybe he meant cowries which grow larger(4") and dont do well even in larger tanks

Gold ring cowries,I have heard of this but it might have been a typo.But the guy may have ment tiger.

Same,but I do know that when they get big they can eat zoas and other smaller softies.

The only thing else that I know is that people like there shells.

Archived