Coral Vue Hydros

CSL vs Coralife PC's

Sarnack

Anyone have before and after pictures of changing over from Custom Sea Life to Coralife power compact bulbs? I'm just not very satisfied with my CSL's "actinic" output and would like to see some tank shots to decide if it is worth the money to change the bulbs. Thanks in advance!

Dave

Unless I have been misinformed the ones sold at Hellolights are the Coralife brand so we are talking about the same thing. I just want to see tank pics with each type of bulb so I can see if it is worth spending the money to replace the bulbs early or just wait till the CSL's need to be replaced.

Thanks for the input Nishant. But since personal taste is so influential in lighting choices that is why I have asked for pictures comparing the 2 brands of bulbs...

i can get some shoots of my tank on monday or tuesday when ever i get my dad to get the camerra from his office i have the double linear coralife hood it is nice and well very bright but as i said i can probably get some pics on monday or tuesday

here is the a coralife 50/50 side by side with a custom sealife smartlamp.The coralife is on the left and the csl is on the right.HOpe this helps..

That would be really awesome tang27, thanks!

Steven26, thanks! That does help a bit. To me it does look like the Coralife bulb is more of a true actinic (my reference being my friends URI VHO Actinic03 bulbs)

Thanks Guys!

Remeber that what makes the eyes happy is a poor scale on which to juge whats healthy for your corals. the purple light is actualy what makes the greens reds and purples yellows ectect blow not the blue. the blue will I should say but the purple tinted 03 actinics REALY Make them glow.

if you are looking for a more flourcine effect from the xouxanthale and the mantel colors, use NORMAL OUTPUT FLORO.

nothing compares. While you will be replacing bulbs every 5 months, they give a better 7100K CRI result.

FWIW, CSL are a FAR superior bulb IME. There is a reason why some bulbs are cheeper even if they seem identical.

Archived