Pod Your Reef

corals for ten gallon

paulbunyen

come on dude........

yer going to have to post a little bit better that that if you want any resembalance of a good reply.

best bet is to look at various corals and their requirements, look in Members tank sections for similar setups, and decide based on your EDUCATED researched idea of what you would like to keep.

Bear in mind that even though you like a "bunch of different stuff" you cant keep them all in the same tank at the same time.

well i was really wondering if it was possible to keep sps corals in this small a tank i have been geting differing answeres and am really confused. and if i can i would liike to know if i could keep a brain coral and maybe sum shrums and zoos in the tank if they were far away from the sps. and if i have enofe lighint for the sps corals. thanks

SPS fail under PC.

if you are just starting out, (and judging on your questions and answers to this point) I'd suggest ya read a boatload and dont even think about SPS fer a good while.

BustytheSnowMaam

I would suggest some soft corals (leathers, xenia), zoos, and mushrooms- you can't go wrong there. Mileage may vary depending on who you talk to, but I don't think you have enough light for SPS or LPS corals. LPS might be doable though.

Tasha

dave, that is an unfair statement.

Montipora dig and cap should do well under pc's, pocillopora should also fare well and I had great success with a few acro frags under a 32W 50/50 bulb.

He was 72 watts over a 10 gallon. I think the montipora and pocillopora should do fine under those lights and, possibly, even an acro.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what i keep in a 10 gallon nano under 72 watts of light

Soft Corals

-xenia

-Yellow leather coral

-mushrooms (various types)

-Button Polyps (2 Types)

LPS

-2 frogspawn (has sweeping tenticles) :) you design the look you want.

That said I started with all softies. Softies are the easiest to care for and the most hardy corals. some richardia mushrooms are as brilliant as sps.

Dont go right for the stoney corals because all you will do is kill them they have very specific needs that you just cant ignore and if you do you will be paying lot of money for skeletons. Also learn about a coral before buying it. that will save alot of time and money!

Also it takes more than enough light to keep stoney corals. you have to watch water quality also and how long has your system been up? Calcium is a MUST if you are going to do stoneys then make sure you have ALOT of calcium in the water.

well good luck

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Archived