Top Shelf Aquatics

Recommendations on Powerful UV Sterilizer Please

Catspa

Recommendations on Powerful UV Sterilizer Please

Haven’t done any research on particular models out there, so I was hoping someone could recommend a powerful UV sterilizer ASAP – something in the range of 20watts or above.

I want Maximum flow rate with 99% killage. (Want at least a 250 gph preferable in the 350 range from the unit while still achieving an effective exposure duration) Currently I’m thinking rainbow 25 watt, or should I spring for the 40watt?

Thanks!

Please Note – I don’t wish to start a debate on the whether or not UV sterilizers are effective –thanks ;)

sisesure d00d siesure........

get an AQUANETICS 30IL unit.

done.

you don't need that strong of a U/V. I use 8 Watters mainly. Its all about contact time and longjevity of the bulbs.

the double helix ones are decent too.

thanks for the replies :)

The Aquanetics 30IL looks like a nice unit, i like the inline design, and 30watt's would have been perfect, but i couldn't find a store that sold them, and living in canada the shipping is to expensive.

Double helix looks interesting also, nice compact size, and interesting design...(though isn't PVC tubing UV resitent?)

Ended up getting a Lifegaurd 40 watt and hooked it up to my Fluval 304, ya its overkill on my 29g but it gives me lots of headroom for any future tank upgrades.

Thanks again

Archived