Fun with anemone's

Chupacabras

A healthy 'nem with a pair of A. Nigripes (black footed or Maldives clowns):

199407624.jpg

Mid-split:

204776347.jpg

Split completed:

204738381.jpg

If ever wondered how vile this evolution looked, there you go.

DementedLullaby

Much more disgusting then I ever thought it would be. That would scare the crap outta me!

Nice anemone. I want a RBTA :(

gotboostedvr6

Its best left to a brand new razor and fast hands trust me the recovery is like half the time.

its cool that they do it on there own tho Kinda gross :(

Much more disgusting then I ever thought it would be. That would scare the crap outta me!

Nice anemone. I want a RBTA :(

Thanks, DL... it really is a pretty 'nem though I almost wish it was a GBTA since the contrast isn't all that great with Maldives Clowns but I'm sure it'd be awesome with something from the Clarkii group.

If I hadn't been watching for this, it woulda scared the bajeebus out of me, too. This guy was a good ten inches before he split so I knew it was coming but it was somewhat creepy seeing it when I walked in the door after a long day at work ;).

How long did this process take?

It had been spreading its foot for a couple days prior but the split didn't actually start 'til sometime after I left for work this morning and it only took three hours after I got home to be finished... figure 12 hours of nastiness at the most.

Edit: The pics are actually larger than the board will put up, they're only 800 pix across but are much clearer if you open them in their own browser. Be sure to look for the clowns, sometimes there's two, sometimes three; sometimes in one 'nem, sometimes two :D.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

what caused the spilt? and what are you doing to relieve that stress? is it the clowns that caused the split?

very cool none the less. :)

Adin, my little male is very, very confused and stayed in the cloned half until lights out, then joined his female in the parent ;).

Icy, I'm not really sure what caused the split... my assumption is just that the 'nem was large with a stable food source and procreated (for lack of a better word). The clowns have been hosted by my RBTA for months so I know it wasn't them that caused it.

As for relieving the stress, there really isn't all that much I can do about it, they've got a good grip on the rocks and seem to be comfortable in that location. I could isolate the clowns but that's a whole other can of worms. I'll probably just try to keep things as stable as possible; the Nigripes aren't very rough on their anemone so stability is probably the best thing I can do for the 'nems.

Archived