inTank Media Baskets

Beginner Lighting Question

amealer

I'm considering setting up a nano-reef tank using a 16-gallon tank with a 10-gallon "footprint"; 18" high, 20" wide and 10" deep. What type of reasonably priced lighting would you recommend? I am considering a single flourescent tube of some sort, used in a regular canopy light. I'm also considering using the "screw-in" flourescents in an incandescent set-up canopy, or a custom-made wood canopy with compact flourescents installed with a DIY kit, probably from AH Supply. Would the "2X13 Bright Kit [http://www.ahsupply.com/twox.htm] be powerful enough and/or my best choice?

TIA,

Allen

After doing some research here in lighting for a 10 gal or 15H gal tank, i decided to go with the 2x36w brightlight kit from A&HSupply FWIW.

I plan on setting up my tank next week.

Good luck!

Brian:)

SeaMountain

I originally was going to use a PC SmartLite Retro 32w from DrsForestSmith.com for $51.99. It was recommended to me by another reefer.

After hanging out here for awhile I ended up with a 2x36 from PetSupplyLiquidator for $75 and change. If I had to do it over again I would have opted for the 2 switch 2 cord model to run the 10K and Blue lights independently.

PSL is also a 'Sponsor' here, and was great at communications.

They get the SeaMountain Seal of appoval!

Archived