Top Shelf Aquatics

I had a fragcident

Brianc_4

So, as I was doing some routine tank maintenence, I noticed a powerhead head fallen a little creating a sand drift in my tank. While fixing that I knocked over another powerhead into the sand creating a sand storm that would awe the republican guard. In my haste to pick up the powerhead/sandblaster, I slipped and dropped it back into to the tank, luckily this time it landed on a rock right next to my 9 head branching hammer....uhh scratch that, right next to my 3 frags of branching hammer(1, 4 heads..1 3 heads, and 1 2 heads). No damage done to the coral. First time I have ever fragged anything that quickly or by accident. I'm going to try juggling dremels, scissors and razors above my tank, and see what else ends up fragged. By the way, if there is anyone in the boston area who wants to trade for a small very green branching hammer, PM me

;)

OxInYourBox

Just be glad your powerheads were pointing down vs. up. I came home yesterday to a 606 that was point straight up-My PC lights were salt creeped and the GFCI for the wavemaker had tripped as I'm sure some water splashed onto an open outlet (since covered).... Thank god for GFCI's. Oh and good job on the fragging:)

fragging techniques 101: the use of scissors, scalpels, cutters and saws in fragging corals.

fragging techniques 201: the use of chemicals to induce propagation and fragging.

Advanced Fragging 303: This class is only being taught by Brianc_4 and specializes in the use of powerhead manipulation and the technique of dropping objects onto your corals, effectively splitting them into frags.

freakaccident

I have a Fluval 304 that decided to point up and out of the water. I had a water fall onto my carpet. Luckily it was in my bedroom and I woke up. Regardless of the ghey instructions with the Fluval you should put the suction cups inside the tank.

Archived