SaltCritters.com

sick fish- help!

pixierealm

Red streaks started with the tang, and now my lemonpeel angel has them. We were just about to put the tang into the quarantine tank when I spotted the red streak on the lemonpeel. Should I just medicate the entire main tank? There's also an emperor angel and 2 cardinals. I bought Melafix and garlic xtreme. Are both of those safe for inverts and corals? Also, will we have to do a big water change after treatment in the main tank?

imo melefix is the worst medication out there. lol. it's tea tree oil, which smells awesome, but doesnt do much for saltwater fish. your skimmer will put it right out, overflow, and make a mess!

anywho, if youre going to QT, try the melafix. i wouldnt put it in the main tank.

the garlic extreme isnt bad, but it wont do much for the red, and probable bacterial infection. do you have any pics perchance?

how about water sample tests? i'd like to know what the water is like. sometimes all you need to do is more water changes which is much easier than medicating and possibly hurting more than helping.

how about tank size and other fish present?

Archived