inTank Media Baskets

orange linkia starfish

aquakevem

• 2 weeks later...
Don't get a linckia for your nano.

it will starve.

Agree with CG. I just posted about linckia 2 minutes ago here on another thread. Check that one out :happy:

Tang

• 3 months later...
fraggle rockette

hey i think i have a linkia but i love the little guy :mellow: is there anything i can feed him to help supplement in a 12 g tank, or do i need to take him back to the lfs? sigh.

Helfrichs Chick

While I do not suggest people and especially newbees, buy any linckia or fromia sp.... I have succesfully kept one for over 4 years now, 2 of those years she has been in my nano. Like I said I personally dont suggest it, as they usually do starve. I feed mine weekly, sometimes every other week, I feed meaty foods, usually the big chunks of the squid thats in prime reef. I soak it in Vita Chem. These are specialized animals, that usually dont fair well in reefs, HOWEVER, I would reccomend these over a mandarin. JMO That oughta get everyone going LMFAO. If you decide to get one just be aware that you will need to feed it and its not like throuwing in some food, you have to turn off all flow, squeeze the food flat, I do it between 2 fingers and the using tweezers slide it down between the arms, while the star is on the glass, this works best. Here are pics of my Blue Linckia eating. Kinda hard to see, but in the last pic you can see the stomach exyending to disolve the food. TOTALLY rewarding and beautiful creatures just be sure your up for the challenge. I will work on a video tomorrow if how to feed them.

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto...mp;ppuser=19268

SeeDemTails

I feed my linkia the same way as you do.

Mine came out of a crashed tank, pretty much a nitrate soup bowl. I cant beleive it was still alive, and lost half of two of its arms when they took out the LR, they said they couldnt find it. It is now growing back its arem and doing well.

I also got a little burgandy linkia as a hitch hicker(awsome!) that is about and inch across, he is too small to feed but I am sure he gets enough from the rocks at his size. I feel like a jerk because I myself accidentally pinched off two of his arms moving some zoa colonys, but they are growing back as well!

Archived